Fezian Matchlock Men.

With an eye to our next campaign I have started work on some new conversions. These are my Fezian matchlock men. They represent a change in weaponry. The matchlocks are easier to train men to use than the longbow even though the latter is still a superior weapon. Beersteiners and Bogavanians will be equipping more men with such weapons and will start to experiment with pokes.

This Fezian uniform is loosely based on Ottoman matchlock men of the late 16th and early 17th centuries. The Osprey book on ottoman uniforms includes a similar uniform, although with longer jacket. The purple uniform was more of a grey purple but I wanted them to be as gaudy as possible. The Ottomans really did wear these strange hats that are a cross between a dunce hat and a gnome cap.

The figures are Timpo Union Action pack with caps trimmed and replaced with putty. Putty powder flasks were added where the cap pouches were. I have yet to base the figures.


The muskets on these figures lack detail so I can basically use them as anything, matchlocks, flintlocks or percussion.


Comments

  1. Good to have you back. Happy New Year !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been busy doing my usual Summer thing - camping by rivers, swimming and bushwalking but more posts are on the way - I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. An excellent choice of colour scheme!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts