Chilean Or Peruvian Cavalry

Having bought the osprey book, The Pacific War I was impressed by the uniforms of the South American countries. The one I have chosen t represent is featured as a Peruvian one but the uniforms were captured from a ship, so apart from some minor insignia differences these enemies each fielded a regiment with the following uniform.

I had a bag of Britains Detail ACW Union cavalry riders without horses. I also had a box of BMC horses so the project came about. I like the BMC horses and the riders fit them well. The drawbacks are they are all the same pose and there is no rein on one side. I had forgotten about that and had already painted most of the horses so I just painted the other rein on, a less than satisfactory solution as a drilled hole in the mouth and some wire or strips of aluminium would have looked better.
I haven't made the flags yet and I'll most likely have some interchangeable flags to represent four different nations so the figures will be multi-purpose. Some of the riders lacked swords and sword scabbards so added these from the spares box. The DSG sabres were added after painting so they would not need to be painted and risk the common paint flaking from flexible plastic weapons.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts