A Bunch Of Cheapo WW2

My facebook friend, Ian, sent me a bunch of cheapo WW2, mostly copies of Airfix Germans. WW2 is no where near my list of favorite wargame periods but I was running out of actual Airfix Germans as I use them for just about everything but WW2.

Someone obviously had a lot of fun with these as they are partially painted.


                      There are more than enough machine gunners. The loader has a very deep helmet, which with addition of helmet lugs would make a good late WW1 soldier next to a WW1 machinegun.
                               Most people would look at these figures and just see WW2 hand grenade throwers. I see removal of stick grenades and any unsuitable equipment and turn them into cavalry horse holders for the late to early 19th century.
                                                              Submachine gunners
   I love the officer. He is suitable, with some bright colors, for imagination fictitious European or South American nations.
               These are useful figures for conversion into late 19th century and early 20th century infantry or cavalry. I have previously used them and the running figure for my colonial Ruritanians with a uniform similar to colonial Germans.
          Assorted Americans, including copies of Timmee, one Airfix and another brand. Could someone identify the ones that are in a more olive green? The one which is running with pistol is a copy of Timpo.







Comments

  1. The ones in olive green are copies of figures by the French manufacturer Cyrnos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brian. I wonder if they are meant to be Americans or French. i like the look of them; although they are basic they have a certain elegance.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts