Cheapo Copy Of Timpo WW2 Converted

The Timpo swoppet WW2 Germans I played within the 60s didn't have the correct shaped helmets. In fact they were identical to the Americans that they battled on my carpet and lawn. That didn't bother me too much as it was fun to remove the helmets and tp pretend that they were Confederates.

Anyway, one curious figure I have come across a few times is a cheapo copy of the Timpo figure running with pistol and pointing in the other direction. I have found this figure in actual swoppet mode and also in one piece.

            Here is the solid copy posed in front of some bark with some glue meant to be holding a tree in place. This particular solid copy has lost the end of the pistol. The pistol reminds me of a cross between a revolver and a hairdryer.  The figure is a little distorted, even for a copy, as his torso is heavier and leaning to one side.

     Here is the original which I kept from childhood. Some equipment and the end of the pistol have broken off.


                            The left leg is significantly longer than the right so I have given the figure a new bottom half which was an unbranded spare, possibly a copy of Timpo. I also added a putty holster. The final figure might be painted as a retro SF figure ut he would also make a good GI officer,
       This is an old conversion I did about a decade ago and represented one of a squad of fictitious modern troops.The figure was given a new head and a putty cap.


Comments

Popular Posts