Lost In The Internet Wilderness And What's Coming Up.

I have been without my laptop for a month after sending it away to be fixed. For a whole month I hadn't accessed my emails, Facebook or blogs because I don't have other Internet access devices.

It turns out all emails were bounced back to senders since February 18! The next issue was I couldn't access my blogs. After two or three hours of fluffing around I have finally accessed them.

Coming up at Easter is the annual ACOTS convention, this time at Adelaide so I'll be reporting on that.

Closer to home my local sparring partner, Mathew has been playing a small campaign with me - Crussians under his command versus my Amerigans. We are having the final battle of the campaign tomorrow and I'll post pics of the battle. This our second mini-campaign with these armies but this one is set in the Edwardian rather than the Victorian era.

Our next games after that will be a kind of Russian Roulette of army choice, We each rolled a 20 sided dice and a six sided dice to determine which army we would have. I provided for a science fiction or fantasy outcome among the 26 possible armies: I'll feature the whole list in a future blog. My choice proved to be Chaos (based on a Warhammer Renaissance era army with corrupted humans, demons, creatures and sorcery}. Mat's was Gerolstein, a small fictitious, Edwardian operatic European country with a lot of light infantry and hussars as well as horse draw machine guns and field artillery. I'll be combining elements of various rule sets to provide for the radically different armies.

CONVERSIONS

I have just completed some colored infantry for my Amerigan army (analogue of Spanish American War Americans). These were partly converted from cowboys. There will be more on that in another post.

Related to the above I am also beginning to conscript Marx West Point Cadets, sailors and Britains new metal marching American marines. The cadets had broken rifles so I have been replacing those with metal rifles.

I'm also completing an American Revolutionary unit from mixed brands

Comments

  1. Glad to see you back online James. I look forward to more conversion pics and convention reports. Mark Man of TIN.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts