Old Metal Figures Painted And Lincoln Logs Figures On Display.


Here are the figures I posted in previous posts. the hilco sailor has come a long way from when both ends of the rifle were missing, there was no head and feet and base were missing. The Hilco figures tend not to have the rosy cheeks other makers, like britains were so fond of but I have painted them on.Rather than dots for yes,though,I've given him white and irises as well as 'eye liner for the upper eyelids and eyebrows. I've still kept the basic toy soldier look but with a little more detail. 

Historically the gaiters could be brown, black or canvas color. I went for a brown shade. I am fairly pleased with the lincoln Logs figure color scheme, and again I've gone for the rosy cheeks but more detailed eyes. The New britains home casting lost some facial etail so i relied on paintwork to suggest the details. I might re-work that a little and make the eyes slightly smaller, the nose more defined and the lips more central. i wanted the goochy goo look. The britains line infantryman has his new arm andthe tunic and trousers have largely been repainted with extra webbing not present on the original. The face is retained from the original except that i painted the moustache.



 Here are the Lincoln logs figures i already had; the one on the far right with mostly brown color and chips of paint missing is the original but all the others are home castings. you can see i had fun with these, especially the two conversions to show a soldier on his way home and a 'citizen soldier' with new arm and weapon. I wish i'd changed a few more hats but i do like the 'Andy Capp' hats.



             Here are two other lincoln logs figures. One looks like a mechanic and the other a porter.

Comments

Popular Posts