Early 20th century Americans in 'Scout' Hats

I made these figures from a mold (Dutkins I think). The first figure has been converted into a flag bearer and has a hard plastic Airfix Mutipose head with putty hat.

The biggest drag with these is getting the arms glued, especially where hands have to match up holding rifles - probably why I didn't make many. I ended up making a putty hand to grasp the flag pole.

These will be part of my Army Red White And Blue ("Amerigans') which are primarily circa 1900 but will extend to adjacent periods. 

I have long had a fascination with the Pershing Expedition into Mexico but no plastic manufacturer seems to make Americans for it. AIP makes WW1 Americans but in helmets and with gas mask containers.
Having the Osprey book on the Mexican Revolution i was interested in a picture of an American despatch ridr with a motor bike and I want to make one someday, although the motorbikes I have access to are a tad modern for the period.




Comments

Popular Posts