Brewster Buffalo Wings Filled

Despite never being a huge aircraft fan I do like my little metal plane. One of the things I mentioned in my 'Unknown plane' post is that part of the underside of the wings seemed to be missing but I am suspecting that this was an oversight in the toy design.

Anyway I have cut balsa to shape to fill the wings and given repeated coats of PVA to fill gaps and smooth the wings. The tail flaps (someone will tell me the correct term) have just been filled with PVA.

I'm taking my time with this plane but eventually it will be painted silver, yellow and red. For the cockpit cover I might use some clear plastic cut from the top of a marker pen packaging cover and paint on the details or maybe use paper tape strips. I also found a seated pilot (without seat) although he is a WW1 pilot.

I'm not sure how I'll make the seat and some basic interior detail but I'm going to keep that very basic unless I come across some broken 1/32 plastic kits to cannibalise.

Also I'm debating with myself whether to drill a hole underneath the plane and make a flying stand for it.

Here is the underneath view. The wheels do fold down, a nice touch. One wing end has to be glued in place.


Any comments or suggestions on fixing the plane are welcome.

By the time I finish this - don't hold your breath - I'll probably be a plane nut. It's bad enough being a toy soldier nut.

Comments

Popular Posts