Alamo Mexican Conversion.

I used an orange background to contrast the whites as I have painted this Mexican in Summer uniform on this BMC figure. I suspect that issues of supply meant both Summer and other season uniforms were worn by different units and even different individuals at the same time. To make him really Mexican looking I could have cut down the shoes to resemble sandals but didn't bother.
The main change was addition of metal backpack, putty haversack and a new head. After slicing off the bell topped shacko wearing head I drilled a hole and added a HK Indian head. These heads are copies of Britains swoppets and others and not bad heads. The Indian heads have high cheekbones that don't look out of place on a Mexican; many were largely of Indian ancestry anyway. Adding the putty hair was easy and scored with a craft knife to make it look like hair.
The figure is shooting up which makes him ideal for attacking the Alamo but I suppose you could use him for other battles and wars and say he is shooting at troops on higher ground or at cavalrymen who have got uncomfortably close! The figures easily double as Napoleonic troops, Latin Americans and so on. I like to have the odd figure in a firing line which is not a clone. It would be not uncommon, in the heat of battle to lose one's hat. Maybe Davy Crockett shot it off his head




Comments

Popular Posts