Civilians Versus Zombies

Although I am a toy soldier collector I love civilians. Of course, there is potential crossover with insurgents, rioters, partisans and spies.  I'm not adverse to arming the odd roller skater with a bloody big axe.

It think what I like about them is I can paint each individual differently, much more so than if he had a uniform. Mind you that is probably why I also like dark Ages figures. Even Napoleon's Imperial Guard can have items of civilian gear and patches when they are on campaign but I digress. Let's just say that although I like uniforms I hate uniformity!

Below are some shots from a couple of my civilian displays.
First up, in the front, can be seen a Replicants, Rastafarian, Hippy and Sharpie. They reflect a particular modern era but civilians being civilians you can use them for any period from the 1960s and the skin head and sharpie wouldn't look out of place a little earlier than that. (I neglected to photograph the skinhead).

                                I couldn't tell you the brands for every figure but there is a mixture of circus figures, I think from Marx, some hard plastic french figures and so on. There is a Riddler figure (brand unknown) in green and an anarchist bomber from Chris through The Virtual Armchair General. The black man I like to think of Sammy Davis Junior, MPC I think. There is a Dulcop fire engine in the background. Someone who takes note of such things will, no doubt, give a more detailed account.

                                    This is my zombie scene which gives a pretty good excuse to arm civilians. Now they just have to remember to aim for the brain, the tiny plastic brains! The Marx Untouchables are trying their best to remain untouched by the zombies. Rambo and Crocodile Dundee have commandeered the tractor to clean up the zombies.


Comments

Popular Posts