Plastic Cars For Early 20th Century and 1930s-40s.

I bought these cheap children's polythene cars today. I already had a few but without roofs. Some of the ones I had previously I made into armoured cars, complete with toilet roll turret. The roof I cut down to a lower height as the vehicle was going to be high enough with a turret, although some cars of that early era did have very high profiles. I posed some 60mm and 54mm figures for scale. I am thinking of making some into ambulances and others into supply vehicles and perhaps more armoured cars. 





                         Here are the more modern vehicles that would possibly do for WW 2 and later. A Britains Detail motorcycle and side car are shown for scale.



The vehicles have basic detail that could be enhanced if preferred. For example, seats could be made from card and balsa and steering wheels made from wheels and axles from smaller scale toys. The windows could be added from packaging clear plastic. The more modern vehicle lacks a floor but this could be added from card or plastic. The vehicles also lack side mirrors that could be added from putty or card. I like that the more vintage vehicles have removable roofs so passengers and supplies can easily be removed or added. A roof rack from wire could also be made. The open back vehicle could easily have boxes and barrels or cans added.

Any suggestions as to additional enhancements and colour schemes would be appreciated.

Comments

Popular Posts