Suiggoth

Swiggoths are huge lumbering beasts used in war by orcs. They figure occasionally in the Warhammer and Warhammer 40K universes. Games Workshop ones were, I think, made by Forge World.

This particular squiggoth was made long ago  from a second hand Triceratops plastic kit and given a head from a toy, the name of which escapes me but it was humanoid with a huge beast head. The howdah was made from plastic card, glued and hot glued in a very slapdash and crooked way. As it is an orc contrivance I get a get out of jail free card as orcs are notoriously slapdash.

Originally I intended this for 40 K, in which case it would hold nearly 20 figures. But I have another squiggoth for that purpose and this one was sitting on a shelf incomplete until now.

The rider conversion I showed in another post but he is made from a Britains Detail (or at least a copy of) Saracen. The whip is a plastic tie. Such ties, used in toy packaging to keep items in place. are very good for this purpose and. if black. do not require painting.

I wouldn't like to be those knights and I'd say they have very well trained horses! Yet, now they are also attacked by orcs on foot (recently painted conversions).





















Comments

Popular Posts