Ultra Modern Military Vehicles

After driving to Lakes Entrance for a swim in the suf I found the beach closed as an eight foot shark had swim under a life guard's board. The Life savers were still out in the surf but the beach was closed to everyone else. I did find a local lake to swim in but the water level was down and it was whiffy.

But all was not lost for, at a local toy shop, I found these metal and plastic vehicles. Although I haven't been immensely into anything from WW 2 onwards (except for retro SF) I was charmed by these made in China vehicles. They reminded me of something in Frank Perry's wargame books.

I bought a couple of spare ones for swaps at the ACOTS convention. The two vehicles I keep I might decide to weather with dust and rust. What do you think?

The vehicles look like true 1/32 which is one thing that appealed, not piddling 1/48 or 1/32. Figures fit comfortably in the truck and seated 1/32 figures would look good in the cabins.

This brings me to my questions for you out there in blog reading land. Are they based on any real vehicle makes?
Secondly, has anyone got any rule suggestions for the rocket? I  know it could just be a target for commandos but i'd like to have shooting rules. (It is a shame it does not actually have a mechanism to shoot it), Obviously it would be a one shot wonder, a bit like the old grot bombs in Warhammer 40 K. I guess it would have a fairly big template. I think I'd prefer not to make it nuclear as that might be too devastating but i guess troops could have radiation resistant uniforms and vehicles if they are not directly hit. It could be a tactical nuke or it could be a chemical or conventional weapon.

                                            Posed with a figure.

                                     I played around with a HK jeep once to give it something of an apocalyptic feel. The snake was influenced by Cobra in GI Joe and also one of Perry's wargame based novels.

                                                      Modern with not so modern.




Comments

Popular Posts