Conversions, Fantasy And Mounted Light Fezian/Turks Completed

I featured these last posts. The two Indians conversions have come up alright, I think. I drilled holes so they would fit on the DSG horses. The purple turbans are meant to fit with my 'national colour' for medieval/Renaissance Fezia. You can see how versatile American Indians are when one needs to fill in some holes in ancient, medieval to colonial armies.

The green spear/lance was made from florist wire, which comes in various thicknesses. It is still a little bendy but I think the green plastic coating helps to protect the metal. I hammered the end and put it to the grinder to get a spear head. I didn't even bother to paint the spear as sometimes wooden weapons were painted.

I didn't bother to paint the horses although I added some small details on the brown horse. I still need to add saddles and blankets and perhaps some more early looking saddle furniture.

Some time ago I made Mongols from Indians and once I bought a unit of ancient horsemen from Bob which he had nicely converted from HK Indians.

The dice are humungous and I don't roll them but turn them over to record game moves, or at least Mat does because I usually forget.

If you look carefully you will see some figures in the background from our last game.




                          Here are my improvised trolls. What does a troll look like anyway? So the horns have been made from wire and putty and some gaps in the jointed right hand figure filled and painted dark grey. The skin and fur was dry brushed with pale grey. The armour was repainted from metallic blue to iron with rust from orange paint. The figure to the left is an orc converted long ago from a Chinese made fantasy figure which came in a Hercules set. The head is Eureka Miniatures and the flag an old Games Workshop one.
                    The plastic pineapple fork came up okay, with a 'pancake flipper at the bottom end, for human pancakes.

Comments

Popular Posts