Jecsan Egyptians




I finished these today. They are nice figures except for some heavy mould lines that need sometimes deep trimming. The stripes on most of the headdresses are moulded on and that made painting easier. Those without them I left without stripes. The metal ornament/armour around the neck I painted bronze with some precious stones for the one who looks like a leader.
















I have to cover that splotch of sand paint on the spear.

Just a thought on skin colour; from what I have read the Egyptians had some variation in racial origins, including among the pharaohs with some possibly being redheads! Over time more influx of darker people to the South would also have changed the makeup. But the most sensible and, likely prevalent colour would be a light or medium brown; this is the most common colour in the art work. Nubians are shown in the art as much darker and with Negroid features. I mixed different paints until I was happy with the result and then used some Games Workshop skin wash to sink into the features.

Also, both men and women wore eye makeup either for decoration or perhaps even for protection from the sun.

Comments

  1. Nice. I particularly like the blue eye shadow....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tim. I had seen visual references for this although I don't know how common it was or if all classes used it. Obviously the norms for appearance of warriors was different then from later times.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts