Wargame Plans

My next wargame will be a Western one with Indian tribes, US Cavalry and civilians.

I have also started to plan a new campaign for Fezia, Bogavania and Beerstein. Because of the work that goes into planning I have put that off but I have started by writing army lists for the various countries and I have begun a separate page on the topic of 'The World of Bogavania, Beerstein and Fezia'.

I have long been interested in the wargames of Frank Perry and his fantasy world of countries at different levels of development. Also, Tony Bath's campaign book is another influence, as is Hacket's Fantasy Wargaming and Warhammer.

There is also some resemblance to Game of Thrones where the main focus is on human factions but with the supernatural and non-human players lurking at the fringes. I take that further though, in the tradition of Tolkein, with orcs, elves and others, although their entry into the campaigns will depend on unlucky (or lucky if they attack one's opponent) dice rolls.

I'm painting quite a lot of figures at present. I just finished some more Saracens and Mongols and I'm madly painting Call to Arms pike and musket troops not to mention a set of Jecsan Egyptians.

Comments

Popular Posts