1/35 Pacific War Cheapoes

These American marines were among my languishing undercoated figures and for cheapo figures they scrubbed up okay. I played with these army men as a child. The poses were often good but, because of their very small size they were held in less regard than my Lone Star, Crescent and Timpo.

The mine sweeper is an interesting figure to have although I don't think I ever played a wargame as a child or as an adult where I had rules for their use. I think Frank Perry had some rules for them in his wargame books. This mine sweeper has a very battered helmet which makes it almost look like a soft hat.
One of the figures has Blue Box on the base but I think they were copies of Monogram and Marx.



One thing though - their noses have not survived the test of time! They have been flattened to obliteration.

Below are some Commonwealth troops. The slouch hat, contrary to what some Aussies might think, was not unique to Australia as an item of military wear in Ww2. New Zealanders had their version and British troops, notably the Chindits wore them. Ghurkhas also wore slouch hats as did various others.


           The figures are more Chinese made cheapoes and were scaled up from 1/72 figures.



Comments

Popular Posts