African Jungle Display

I have shown a version of this display before although now it is somewhat re-configured. It is my favourite display given that Tarzan and Jungle Jim were my childhood favourites. (In fact, one of my nick names was 'Jungle Jim'). The Johnny Weissmuller movies were my favourites. He was an Olympic swimmer and he, especially in his movie personas, probably had a big influence on my passion for camping, bushwalking and swimming.

Obviously, my display is and to Hollywood and the imperial period. The old juvenile novels in the background set the scene. King Kong is the pinnacle of movie tributes. The actress at his feet is the Marx 'gangster's mole' from The Untouchables. There is a mixture of factory painted and my own paint jobs. Obviously it is a very crowded space.

In case you are wondering, the figure with hands behind his back was cut from a two figure base. He is the white captive from Speedwell. He has been repainted in original colour scheme, something I would not do if I had the double figure intact. If anyone has it and wants to sell or swap please let me know.







        The three middle figures, white hunter with rifle, spear thrower and porter are from Speedwell.


                                               An abundance of Tarzans. The figure with blow gun is a conversion from a copy of Lone Star.

Comments

Popular Posts