Present Project, Blusian Cuiraissiers

I am half way through painting my cuirassiers for my Funny Little Wars games. They are home castings of the Cherilea British Horse Guard. There is not a huge difference in uniform and I just had to add putty extras. I couldn't locate my spare bucket carbines so I used some spare metal rifles that I pinned to the figures and added putty to simulate the buckets.

I have been using a mixture of acrylic paints and Humbrol and a nice bright blue sample household paint enamel. I didn't have enamel skin colour so used my Games Workshop colours. My idea in using enamels is that they are tougher, especially gloss and semi gloss but as the figures are metal they are not flexible and so won't cause the enamels to crack which I suspect plastic does. It doesn't make a huge difference as they will be varnished any way.

I have also been modifying and adding details to some Britains Detail French Foreign Legion. I acquired a number of them after they had been partially repainted or damaged and thought I might as well complete the job by cutting down the overly high kepis and adding putty equipment.

The next wargame planned is going to be on my front 'lawn'. It isn't really like a lawn at present as the grass is over a foot high. It gives a lot of grass seed for my chickens to eat and my cats to play in but it isn't a great wargame surface. My mower is presently lacking a fuel tank but once I get that rectified the grass will be cut unusually short. A wargame is the only happening which really leads to this strange unnatural event of lawn mowing.

My plan is to use blue plastic for a sea, lake or large river and to have some naval ironclad activity as well as land activity. It will be a continuation of our steam punk games so I'll have to decide rules for tall walkers entering water. How far can they advance there?

I might include a railway as well and more troops than in my last game and including militia. There might also be a plane or two.

Once the cuirassiers are finished I'll post pictures.

Comments

Popular Posts