Converting A Tinplate Steam Roller

I have a few of these modern made tin plate wind up steam rollers. I want to use them for towing siege guns and other items. After removing the roller I had to fill the space and did it by cutting up a folk paint bottle. I also cut a hole into the underside of the bottle and place a sawn off white board marker there. A hole in this had a section of pencil place and some plastic wheels glued on. I bought a bag of these wheels at a second hand market and they are just right for the purpose.I used two types of putty to fill gaps.

The driver is from my seated figure box and is an old figure missing a hand and with a gap in the back. He has some sort of helmet which could pass for a German helmet. I have drilled a hole in the top and added a carved piece of sprue. I'm not going to worry about carving boots and adding equipment as these will largely be hidden. Instead I'll paint some straps on.

The vehicle will be spray painted black and will be part of my Army Black.


              Steam roller removed...I'll keep the roller either to add to a Warhammer 40k ork battle wagon or to use for a 1/32 armoured car turret.
                            The pencil was small enough to fit in the ends of the wheels.


                                 The putty is rough now but will be smoothed with sand paper.
                                                  Here is the seated figure ith spike added.

    I haven't decided if I'll remove the seat back as it is on the right hand drive side which might not suit the nation's road rules and is a bit far back anyway.



Comments

Popular Posts