65mm Chaos knights With Horror Figure Heads

I painted up some large fantasy knights some time ago and decided to paint them in dark and fantasy type colours to resemble Chaos knights.

The Chaos warriors have little to do with real knights but have special armour and may have the 'gifts' of Chaos lords. Such gifts may lead to extra strength but also horrible disfiguring, hence my idea of using my new horror figures. The fantasy knights are about 65mm and more suited to the large horror figure heads. it also gives a suggestion of what could lie beneath the helmets.

The heads I used were cyclops, werewolf and vampire.

                                    Below, left to right, two cyclops heads and the werewolf. The shields have fairly orthodox human designs so I added blood drops as part of the design and trimmed the top of the lion heads to make them look more like reptiles or dragons.

                                           Below two knights are left unchanged except for a new axe in the second from left. The far right figure has Dracula's head and it is still too big even n these large figures. I added putty hair. I may yet replace the sword which is buckled.

          Below, a mix of figures some not having received their armour from Chaos yet. The one with leopard headdress is a conversion from a wrestler figure.
                                       The flag is an old Chaos flag from Games Workshop.



                         The Dracula face is quite nice so it is a shame it is so damned big.

I regard this as half a 'regiment' but given their wargame stats it is big enough to hold its own. The Dracula figure could be used as a Chaos figure or as a Vampire Lord or maybe a Chaos vampire which would be a new category. The figure with round shield was an ancient Egyptian.

A couple of the older paint jobs have sticky paint syndrome which comes from using spray enamel black over a spray plastic undercoat. I might try giving them a coat of PVA or even stripping the paint when I get sick of pulling off the hairs and fluff stuck to the paint.

For Chaos skin tones I range them from normal Caucasian flesh to very pale almost white or purply, or bluish grey. For shields and symbols I often use the eye from LOTR. My Chaos figures don't conform to any particular story but are heavily influenced by Warhammer. There are also various cults of Chaos based on various Chaos lords. The Warhammer Chaos and Dark Elf concepts are closely influenced by the world of Michael Moorcock in the Elric series of books.

Comments

Popular Posts