18th Century Grenadiers Finally Painted

The three regiments are still under-manned, something I'll remedy in the future. I will eventually use them in my imagi-nations once they emerge from the Renaissance period.

I intended the figures to have an old toy soldier finish but I couldn't help myself and did more detail than that. Just the same I still exaggerated the whole rosy cheek thing, although it is not very apparent in these photos.













I was considering leaving bases unflocked but decided against it for three reasons: most of my other troops have flocked and terrain bases and also the figures are usually glued with glue gun to card bases. I use a glue gun because it is the cheapest method for this type of join and reasonably effective. The down side is it often leaves unsightly ridges and blobs of glue outside the perimeter of the original base; the flock completely conceals this. Also, the flock is a nice contrast of texture and colour.

Comments

Popular Posts