Fezian Archers

I just finished some more archers. The colour scheme reflects Fezian ones of purple turbans.
First up more metal castings from the Reamsa Moor or Saracen.


    These are converted from a plastic Bible set of supposed Philistines and Hebrews. I added the arrows from pins and the quivers from putty. the turbasn are also from putty.

 I had a tin of castings from the Conte Viking archer. So I added turbans and quivers. Again I added the fanciful purple turbans, not entirely inconceivable, but this is a fictitious country anyway. I varied the tops a little, painting some fur vests as armour, others as purple surcoats/vests and others as grey wolf skins. I quite like the overall result.




I also have a back story. These archers began as Asgardian (Hillmen) in Bogavanian service as mercenaries and then moved on to the richer Fezian service. Along the way they began to wear sme Fezian apparel and some even converted to the Moon God faith. Nordic origins are still apparent in lighter skin colour and red or blonde hair among the troops.

Comments

Popular Posts