Block Pyramid

Okay, not actually a pyramid but I wanted to see what my new sand coloured blocks would look together. Naturally H G Wells and Frank Perry inspired me somewhat here. The difference is I painted them.

There are all sorts of additions I can make. For example I could combine them with my commercial pyramids (actually Aztec type) to increase height. I would also like to make stairs for one or more sides.

The advantage of blocks is they re easily dismantled and stacked somewhere off table or they can be used on display shelves so figures at the back can be seen,

I can also paint doors and scenes on blocks and just face them the other way when they don't suit. I can also make doors from icy pole stick frames on black background or card doors place on solid block )as I did with my grey blocks).

I have been watching the original Hartnell Doctor Who lately and I always loved the Dalek city as it looks so much like it is made of blocks. For a 'space city' it would be easy to ad domes and other different shapes to the blocks.

Any number of statues can be placed and an infinite variety from Egyptian souvenir type ones to Aztec to ancient (and other) toy soldiers painted as stone, brass, bronze etc. Or figures can be sculpted in any bizarre shape preferred, using Green Stuff etc or even plasticine coated in nail polish, PVA etc.

The figure atop is an old pencil top figure painted bright bronze.








Comments

Popular Posts