New Patran Bodyguard

I scraped together enough figures to make another Greek cavalry unit for my Patran force but that meant I had robbed the general's bodyguard so here are the replacements.

I again used Supreme figures. I like these blokes but had avoided using them previously because they are so big. But having used Supreme Greeks it is not such a big jump.

The two figures with straight swords I think were intended as either Russians or Byzantines or maybe Saracens. The other with scimitar is clearly intended as a Saracen. The ones with straight swords originally had clubs that looked suspiciously like pineapples so I replaced them with DSG swords. I then was obliged to trim off the handles of the swords in the scabbards so they didn't have two swords each.

One also has a pipe cleaner plume painted purple to make him look important and I might do the same for the other two. The shields I painted and have added some more facial and equipment detail. The Saracen has had his sword painted.

I still need to add some detail such as painting hands that are now strangely gold. I need the figures by next weekend for next wargame so I didn't completely repaint. I don't know how well my paint additions will hold up over time without a proper undercoat.

The other change is the horses. I didn't have any spare Supreme horses so I looked through my horse boxes and came up with these George Washington horses from BMC. The are of a similar size to the Supreme horses and more easily match the large riders. I had to trim off the back of the saddles for an easy fit for the riders.  I have continued with a white horse theme among my Patran Greek cavalry Reigns and straps on the horse have been painted purple.




Bases are cut from stiff card from a board game or from folders, PVA glue was applied and then sand which was later painted.

Comments

Popular Posts