Patran Flamethrower And Fezian Standard Bearers Under Construction And The Next Wargame

After swapping torsos and heads from my two donor figures I had what I wanted for a Pattan flamethrower, loosely based on ancient Greek and Byzantine secret weapons,

I decided to cut off the tanks and actually aim for an ancient flame thrower, which was a syphon. A piece of matchstick is glued on top and the mouth of the weapon made, with putty, to look like a snake or dragon. The eys were imprinted with a biro inner tube.

The tip of the flamer was first cut off and the barrel drilled for a length of copper wire to which Green Stuff wass added to make the head and also the base for some aquarium filter cotton wool. This had a generous amount of Super Glue applied.
I still need to add a sword to the figure and maybe an additional underneath mechanism for the flamer.

The card base has real stones added with Superglue so that the weight there will stop the flame causing the figure to over balance.



                                                                  The donor figures
    I also decided I had to toughen up the morale of the Fezians so they needed some more standard bearers, At left is a Toyway Egyptian with added turban, DSG shield and brass wire, At right is a BMC Davy Crocket with musket removed and putty added for the turban, sash and robe. I'm planning to draw and paint a standard based on old depictons of the Middle Eastern Moon god, which predated Islam. I mean this is my universe and I can do whatever i like with it.
Mat and I are planning our second Patra versus Fezia game this coming Saturday. I don't think it will be terribly hard for Mat to wipe out my Fezian army but I am going to make it as slow process as possible by planning some delaying and last stand tactics.

I am also making sure the Fezian units all have flags or other standards, The advantage is a plus one to melee resolution, which can often make the difference. Also, half the units have musicians. Under our rules this means the units take only half a move to reorganose instead of a full move.

Most of the Fezian force is made up of cavalry and light cavalry at that. Two units have lances which goves a plus one per dice in melle impact (as well as a cavalry plus one for impact). Four units of mounted archers willhave to be used very efficiently to make a difference against the heavy infantry of the Patrans. Even with the unit of matchlock men they are unlikely to cause sufficient casualties to do much more than blunt the attack but we will see.

The figures will be painted before the end of the week.

Comments

Popular Posts