Second Patran Cavalry

 I have decided that my ancient Greeks and Romans will be very versatile. they can be Patrans or..ancient Greeks or retro SF figures as in the Trigan Empire.

Yes, I know ancient Greeks probably didn't carry flags or units all with bright green plumes and tunics. But these are PATRANS. Unlike the ancient Greeks they also have stirrups.

So I now have enough for two units of ancient Greek cavalry. The other unit (First cavalry)
has bright blue plumes. This one has parrot green which also tempts me to use them as elven cavalry.

As I need the troops next weekend I am not completely repainting but embellishing.

As the Fezians have quite a number of standards I decided to make some for the Patrans. The flag is made from a Warhammer symbol of the comet.  Unfortunately I made the two sides too close together on some of them so the comet is closer to the pole than I would like. The flags are Superglue tube metal with paper flag glued on top with PVA. Unlike soft drink can metal it bends more easily onto the metal pole to which it is Superglued. The ball at the top is made from a ball headed pin and will be painted gold. I haven't decided if I'll paint the white part yet.









Patra is one of the third powers which can randomly attack Fezia as it shares a border with it or Fezia an decide to attack it. Basically Mat will have to decide what troops he stations in that area. in the event of hostile activity Patran forces will then be diced for and I will take over those forces for a game. However we are laying a mini camaign at present with thre troops of both sides rndomly generated and I have taken command of fezian forces although in our big campaign this will be Mat;s country along side what is left of Bogavania.







Comments

Popular Posts