Old Hollow cast Confederate Cavalry Undergo Repairs.

These figures had already been through some repainting and conversion so I am not trying to 'restore' to original condition but to make some old toy soldier CSA cavalry. The figure in green jacket was probably a Cossack. I have given him a spare Belgian hat with plume and he may be the officer. The others I have given kepi heads and chose some smaller heads to suit.

         The three figures at back were original Confederates. I had to find sword arms for them, although their original arms held carbines. Other figures were once converted from the 'rocking horse'  pose cavalry of other nations, probably British.

 

Comments

  1. Your reading matter on the table was one of my new Christmas books. Great to bring these vintage figures back into play - an enjoyable post as ever. Best wishes for the New Gaming Year 2021!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had that book three or four decades! I think I bought it because I had a metal Sanderson cavalier (or maybe King Charles) figure to paint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can always spot a veteran modeller when you see that old style Osprey book cover! ;) Happy New Year btw!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts