Timpo Home Castings Of Hollow-cast GIs

 WW2 soldiers in casual poses rather than combat poses are not common. That makes these Timpo figures interesting and appealing,

My old friend Dave Bryant cast these. I aimed to paint them in original colours and used some enamels and also acrylics mixed to the shades I wanted before varnishing them. The colours are not historical but I just wanted to reproduce the look of the original figures. I have added extra details. For example, two of the carried back packs have red crosses to indicate medical kit. Originally I wanted to do them as medics but later remembered that medics did not carry weapons. Also I gave the figures the traditional toy soldier rosy cheeks even though Timpo tended not to do them. The standing figures also have more detailed eyes than the simple dots of Timpo.






Comments

Popular Posts