Twenty New Paintjobs Of 2021 ACOTS Convention And pondering A Magnificent Seven Game

 Among the hundreds of new figures I obtained at ACOTS 2021 were some assorted half painted ones. Unfortunately many did not have undercoats and were losing paint before their initial paintjobs were even finished. The warriors included Aztecs, Incas, Plains Indians, Mexicans and Spaniards. I spent about three days painting them with the bulk done today. Most of the initial paint jobs were just used as undercoats or were enhanced with washes and highlights. As usual, I ensured they all had eyes to see with. I got so immersed today that I did not leave the house!

Most of these figures I swapped or bought from my fellow collector, Tony. He had added a neckerchief mask to this figure. I left Tony's black colour scheme and added more details.

                              The Reamsa(?) Roman is the only figure of this lot that I had before the convention but the gladiator is a new figure.

         Two of Tony's Indians largely repainted but I kept the multi coloured scheme for the war shirt.
A South of the Border bandit arsonist        



South of the Border bandits versus peasants sick of paying unofficial taxes


 Spaniards

Two Incas, left, and an Aztec
Aztecs. The middle figure is a priest wearing a human skin suit; its former occupant's hands were left attached and are depicted on the figure (hard to see from this angle).




Regular readers of my blog will know I have an Aztec army but it includes figures that depict Aztecs as well as various conversions and plain old Plains Indians and Woodland Indians (not to mention Toyway Egyptians) pretending to be Aztecs. So I am glad to add some more authentic Aztecs. The two lonely Incas will end up in Aztec units although their appearance is a little different. Both peoples made a lot of use of bright and varied colours with the more lowly having more plain natural coloured linen. Abstract geometric designs were common for both but the Incas used more checked and repetitive, intricate designs. Whilst the Aztecs used obsidian (volcanic stone) blades on wooden weapons the Incas made use of copper helmets and weapons.

The Mexicans are also welcome additions as I have had quite a few Mexican games and one day I want to do a Magnificent Seven Game. I have the Gringo gunfighters too, still to be painted. I have thought about how to play such a game and I figure to use initiative rolls each move for which side goes first with the Seven having a bonus to its chances of gaining the initiative. As there are only seven they will need multiple wounds and bonus saves as well as bonuses on shooting, with the knife man getting a special bonus at short range. The fast but cowardly gunfighter would have to have a dice roll made to overcome his initial fears. The gringos  would also get concealment. The peasants would be more numerous but poorly armed and bad shots. Dice rolls would be made for when they deign to enter into the battle.



Comments

Popular Posts