From Wire Christmas Tree To Wargame Pine Tree

 My mum had a big collection of Xmas decorations, including table top Xmas trees (for dining tables, not wargame tables). One of these trees was a brass wire construction with star on top. I had long noticed that this ornament was an excellent size for a different table top.

Anyhow as both my mother and stepdad are now in their nineties, suffering form the mental and physical illnesses that require 24 hour advanced care in an aged home the family had to sell the house to pay for their rooms. That also meant we had to dispose of vast quantities of hoarded items. The tree was one of the many items I kept, along with other Xmas ornaments that will remain Xmas ornaments.

I neglected to take a picture of the Xmas tree unmodified but I took a pic of the conversion. The star has been clipped off and the tree stuffed with paper towel and cotton wool. Then I saturated the whole thing in PVA and stuffed some dry moss in as well. Another thing hoarded by my mum was tea so this was also used to sprinkle onto the PVA.

For some reason I was failing to upload images so I tried deleting cookies, which seems to work, although it made it harder to find my blog.






















































Comments

Popular Posts