Reports Of Mysterious Aliens Invading a Redian Farm


So here are perhaps the weirdest figures I ever completed. I based them on the Death Zap blog's aliens. In the end I gave the figures ( mainly BMC Texans from the Alamo set) two coats of gunk as I didn't want too much of the original figure details showing through. It was kind of fun applying the mixed goop and sand because no two figures would be exactly the same. 

I also painted them like in Death Zap, with silver paint overcoated with GW black contrast paint. The black was actually thicker than I thought it would be and there is only a faint suggestion of underlying silver.

I was tempted to paint the bases  (made from some plastic coins I picked up at an op shop) a bright green to contrast but. in the end. I envisaged the possibility of using the figures in a desolate setting. I coated the bases in PVA and sand before painting them. The color for the bases was like that which I use for my Chaos figures, a dark blue grey. Recently I bought, from Cheap as Chips, a plastic cylinder full of transparent red plastic granules and I Superglued some of these on as well. (They also come in green and other colors). I wanted a little color so they are strange crystals of some sort. I am going to gloss the entire figures.

The figures can be used for all kinds of settings. They could be aliens from other stars or dimensions or some kind of Chaos spawn. I think the red projections are intended as ranged weapons but they could equally be just close combat weapons.

As for combat stats, I envisage them as slow but very strong, maybe with multiple wounds or/and
regeneration. Unlike in Death Zap the figures are not necessarily taller than humans. Also, I cut the tooth picks shorter but I think they would have looked more sinister if I left them longer like in Death Zap.

































 

Comments

  1. These are wonderful and rather creepy too. I think I may make some of my own from broken figs, very creative and I love your blog.
    Cheers,
    Max

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I owe the idea to Death Zap - the blog is well worth having a look at. The resulting figures remind me of something out of an old Doctor Who episode or possibly, a creature from the original Star Trek series.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts