Dorothy's Got A Gun

 Dorothy is a character I'd like to include in my Ozzz armies but what could I arm her with? I mean I could give her a bucket of water but she'd have to get awfully close to bad witches to melt them. There must be something else which is canon (no pun intended). A club or sword would be kind of heavy for her. I know, she can ask the good witch, Glinda (or is it Glenda - I forget). 'I'd like one of those new fangled semi-automatic pistols they have over in Europe'/ Uncle read something about them in the paper.' It really drained the good witch's power for a while, to bring something from so far away but now Dorothy has an 'equaliser' and is not just a pretty face to stir the troops to greater effort.

Dorothy had a few close animal friends, other than her dog, Toto. There was her cat which also came to Oz and a talking hen which survived, with her, a shipwreck on her way back to the USA from Australia (the other Oz). One of her many chicks is also there.





CONVERSION: Girl from a Zombies and humans set with rolling pin replaced with Timpo Luger (which here represents an earlier German semi automatic. The figures tend to bend so I added the chicken to hold her up! I cut and melted the tail feathers with soldering iron to stick to the underside of the dress and also topped that up with Super Glue. The hen was cut down from a rooster and cut from a base which included the hen and a few chicks. One of the chicks was also added to the base.

I painted the base as yellow brick which has been partially covered by rubble and grass - static grass will also be added.

The colour scheme follows the book and film. I don't recall the books specifying her hair colour but Judy Garland had dark very brown hair. The dress is painted with a blue wash on a bone coloured undercoat.

Comments

  1. I have, well, my son does in his toy bin, several of these figures. Your conversion is wonderful. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You play WW2 so you could use such a figure defending Berlin from the Russians after she finds her dad's Luger.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts