On The Horizon - Wargame Plans

 Sorry no pics for this post as it is what I am 'gonna' do. 

Next week there will be another Syldavia/Borduria battle. In our second battle the infantry got more of a look in with rifles, light machineguns and flame throwers all being useful. Basically there was an exchange f rifle fire between Sydavians and Bordurians where the Bordurian numbers and light machinegun prevailed. The Borturians also crpt forward, behind cver, to burn a Syldavian tankette but then they were shot up by Syldavian infantry.

I have to admit to being tardy for not making too many uniquely (invented) Syldavian and Bordurian uniforms. The main exception were my Bordurian elite storm troopers but they are basically just German infantry with black uniforms and moustache armbands. The Bordurians have all been WW1 and WW2 infantry and the Syldavians have been WW1 and 2 French plus WW2 Russians (for elite troops). I had intended to paint some Hat ACW zouaves in khaki as Syldavian mountain troops etc but ran out of time. However, with these fictitious countries I wasn't trying to adhere exactly to Herge's comics. It is worth noting, however, that Herge's Borduria is a mix of Stalin's Russia and Hitler's Germany with uniforms actually more Soviet looking and armour and planes more German.

The next game is going to have a large area of forest and a plain so it may devolve into an infantry battle in the woods and a tank battle in the open. The sub machineguns might get a go this time as so far they have been outranged. However, all firing and movement may be halved in the forest.

I am also working on a five turreted heavy tank very loosely based on the British interwar Vickers Independent. I'll see if I get it made in time.

After that things will get even crazier (if that is possible) with invasion of the land of Oz, first by a 1900 era American army and then by a random nation from my Bogavanian/Beerstein/Fezian Renaissance era world. I'm using Wars of Ozz as my template for units but will be using my own rules (that are partially derived from Chainmail and Warhammer rules).

I am currently finishing painting some MPC American Revolution troops that will be Munchkin militia. Previously I considered them too much smaller than 54mm to be of use. I am thinking that the nations of Oz will suspend hostilities (with perhaps the danger of them restarting) so I can use a coalition of good and bad forces. That means a couple of undead units will join the fun, alongside flintlock and cannon armed, bow armed troops and various creatures with flying ape attack a distinct possibility (although I might allow for this without actually having figures for them). As the American troops might have a Wright Brothers steam version plane this could come in handy for fowling propellers and biting pilots.

Comments

Popular Posts