On the Work Bench -West Point Cadets

 Although they are a bit taller than I would like they do look impressive as a unit. I'm talking about the Marx Cadets. I had quite a few missing plumes and with broken rifles so I replaced some of the rifle and drilled holes in the shakoes for brass wire which will be coated with green Stuff. The figures I have include the hard plastic ones and later repros. These are over 60 mm although for some reason Marx also made them in about 50mm. Why bother?


I am close now to my usual 24 man unit. I use these in imagi-nations and they could also be used for early ACW militia on both sides. 


Apparently the West Point musicians wore dark blue jackets although uniform details varied over years.

These particular figures I have left with some of the original paint, notably the faces.

Comments

Popular Posts