Tim Mee Toys Galaxy Laser Team

 I already had these figures but I wanted more so I ordered a bunch of new ones. They with six poses of each figure.

Least favourite figure? Dorky anorexic tortoise/lobster alien. Favourites: the first four figures shown in top photo. The 20th century astronauts are well sculpted but boring with no guns!


L
   This spaceship/jet x-wing has nice transfers and shape but none of the figures are going to fit in it unless they have a miniaturising machine. maybe that is what the girl has. And where are the robot's arms? He could be cut up and made into a spare console. By the way he as no back plate and so that would have to be filled.


                      Left: pixie retro helmet and smaller 'realistic' (and boring) astronauts.

Card which comes with the set and a very sexy lady, more sexy than the figure although they both have te mini skirts.

Conversion ideas; Ape alien figure into Planet of the Apes figure. Girl, cut console off and give new hand or arm. Give her a weapon. Robot - make into spare console for SF vehicle, Light sabre guy - give a new sword and knight mounted legs and put him on a small carnivorous dinosaur - could be used as Dark Elves or Ming's cavalry. Or swap heads with WW 2 figures.

A while back I saw some really nice Flash Gordon conversions on Face Book and using these figures. I wish I could remember which site and who did them.

Comments

  1. Hi,
    I got a bunch of these some years ago, but never found an interesting use for them. I did at least find the plastic soft enough that it was easy to replace the unusable junk in the astronauts' hands with space-y looking rifles, pistols, etc. Ah, if only I could find them amidst my junk now...

    Best regards,

    CVhris Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the retro look more than I like the Star Wars figures. The Airfix space figures are also fairly good. I especially liked the girl in miniskirt and the man in breast plate. The latter I actually converted into an ancient Greek! The figure with metal boomerang I found annoying though.

    As for the Galaxy figures a unit of the hairy ape-like alien would look good. I would have liked the pistol wielding space figure with a 'space rifle' as well as the pistol one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts