Dark Elves Mounted On Cold Ones.

 I have an army of Warhammer 28mm Dark Elves that rarely sees the light of day. But my emerging 54 mm scale Dark Elves may have many enemies. Eventually this will include the land of Ozzz.

  I wanted a really tough cavalry unit mounted on dinosaurs, basically a smaller species of tyrannosaurus or allosaurus. I collected some copies of Timpo plastic knights but then found the leg spread too narrow to fit my favourite dinosaurs. Eventually I found a really puny looking one which would work. I still think he is just a glorified featherless chicken.

The knight has had his head replaced with a robot head which will serve as a helmet which fully covers the face but is face shaped. I used putty to add elbow, neck and shoulder armour as I want the armour tougher than just chain mail.



                                   Here the mount has chains added for reigns and belly. It looks like the Elf has also brought his trusty 'hound'. Actually this was of a set based on Japanese monster films but he had lost the end of his tail and claws, which I built up with putty. I found another, intact one, today which has antennae and a forked tail, unlike my reconstruction.
                                                       Maybe I should call him 'Smiley'.

                      Here is another option for a more robust mount; the Airfix cowboy here sits well. The chaps could be painted as metal to look like ancient Persian ones - I did that once for a mahout. Then I would either use putty on the rest of the figure to make armour and replace the pistol with lance or attach a new torso.


Comments

Popular Posts