Napoleonic Figure Enhancement And Repairs

                          I like to get old toy soldiers that are in a little bit rough condition as it is often not hard to repair them and there is less reluctance to 'enhance' them as they already have limited collectability.


First up is a repair to my Timpo Action pack French grenadier officer which had a sword break off.  A hole was drilled and a sword from a Hing Fat pirate trimmed at the handle end and inserted with Super Glue.



Plumes on Britains Detail French replaced and painted with red trim added to shales and jackets.









These French have also become part of my Quadling army where I just use Napoleonic troops. The Quadlings were a little smaller than humans and stouter but my figures are multi-purpose. Use for these figures: French, Mexicans, South Americans, Americans, Bogavanians, and Quadlings. I just change the flag for the situation. Rather than completely repaint, except in a couple of cases, I have just added details to the existing bare paint and paint work.

Comments

Popular Posts