Op Shop Find

 This was a cheap bag of figures I picked up at the op shop.




I already had plenty of the astronauts. I liked the two Star Wars figures but I hate power swords. They are stupid. Why mess around with a sword when you can have a laser gun? Anyhow I'll replace it with a real sword and use the figure as a fantasy character. 

The teddy bear spear man would be good if I had twenty or so to make a unit. I think they are called Ewoks but someone can correct me as I am not a big Star Wars fan.

The white plastic figure looks like a game piece.

The green chubby guy with strange head will convert into an orc. I have previously given one of them a turban to use as the Sultan's eunuch.

Comments

  1. You are correct, it is an ewok! I’m drawing a blank on who the Jedi/Sith is.
    Which putty do you use and how do you work with it. I have a pack of green stuff but haven’t been brave enough to start a conversion with it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sword wielder has a rather devilish face so I assume he is one of the bad guys. I went to the cinema to see Star Wars, the first movie and quite enjoyed it but didn't bother to see all the sequels.

      Delete
  2. I haven't found it hard to work with although it is a rad expensive. I buy the larger packets on-line as it works out cheaper.
    Before all the modelling putties were available I used to use plasticine coated in a liquid called aircraft dope which was intended for balsa planes. I have also used nail polish, liquid cement and PVA. However, I wonder about the stability of the additions. I think I still have models with it after several decades,
    But back to Green stuff. I have used plumbers putty which was good for large items but dried too quickly and was a devil to remove from fingers. Green Stuff is the usual two part putty and is mixed in even amounts until the blue and green become dark green, You then have about ten minutes or so to mold it and apply it direct to the figure. I use my fingers and the side of my craft knife as well as pins, the end of my knife etc to shape it. I have made haversacks, backpacks, canteens, hats, lengthened coats and even complete arms, legs and hands on wire armature. I haven't tried to make a complete figure.
    You can also use moisturizing cream to get a smoother finish although too much can reduce adherence of the putty.
    Some of the easiest things are additions of turbans and hair. I just score them with the point of the knife. I have also made horses tails from wire and putty.
    I sometimes also add some Super Glue around the edge or even over the top to strengthen the bond.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts