Late May Work Bench - Creative Chaos

 Just like I read several books at once (but often leave some of them for ages and never finish them) so too this applies to my toy soldier projects. So you can see a real mishmash of items here.

BELOW: First up is an action figure I picked up from a local cheap shop. So after the owner, for twenty minutes or so, insisted on informing me of the 'correct' interpretation of obscure old Testament quotes I managed to finally escape with my purchase. I also bought a cheap, but effective, chip reader to plug into the computer to upload these photos. So here is a very Chaos looking knight. The sword might not have been the original one. I didn't completely repaint the figure but added paint to the shoulder skulls and brass metal sections. I have since also added some skin tone washes to the horns and skulls. The base has also since been given sand terrain.  I'll post more pics when he is finished but he will be a spare Chaos Lord.

  The Indian is a repainted old hollowcast Indian. It is a really basic figure and the loin cloth was so thin I actually painted over the edges to make it wider. Figures like this Indian, despite their age, are not worth big bucks. Sometimes they can be bought for just one or two dollars. This is especially so when they are missing a lot of paint.

       The New Confederacy or Spanish Civil Guard were given some more detail, including red and white roundels on the hats with brass stud in the center. They are AIP.



                             This is the third Munchkin heavy cavalryman. He was made from an old undersized WW1 hollowcast cavalryman with new head and shield. The horse has been given a new putty and wire leg.
                                       The figure to the right of him is a hard plastic figure.

                          Here are my Fezian/Egyptian gunners with a Britains gun. The figures standing to attention are homecast and were originally ACW I once bought from Dave Palmer. I molded putty fezes on to the caps with the reasoning that I already had plenty of ACW gunners. The figure in the front was made from a plastic BMC ACW gunner. The belts are not finished yet.


   The hill in the background is one of the first and maybe the first terrain piece I ever made about 40 years ago. it is paper mache on a wooden base.

Comments

Popular Posts