My Mongol Army

 It is still rather modest but here are my mounted Mongols. I have eight more to paint. I also have a few foot Mongols. So far my Mongols have seen deployment as mercenaries for other nations but one day the Silver Horde may well sweep down on Fezia, Bogavania or Beerstein. Then I shall also conscript my mounted American Indians that have bows to pass as Mongols. Presumably they will also have auxiliary units from client nations.

Foreground: assorted light Mongols/Huns. Heavier troops are in the background.


                                                                  Italeri heavy Mongols

                                        Jecsan Mongols and conversions of American Indians

                                        The four at left are conversions from American Indians.





    

Comments

  1. Thats a very impressive historical collection in 54mm! Thanks for the view.
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael. That Mongo army is quite small for a 'horde' but if I ever want a full horde I'll improvise. However I do like my figures to be well detailed so I may end up with an army of just a couple of hundred rather than a thousand or so. My ACW armies are closer to the thousand mark but I rarely use much more than a couple of hundred a side in an average game.

      Delete
  2. Thanks Rick. Yes, I have Saracens so I can use them alongside Mongols so long as the Silver Horde is not invading Fezia (which would need them). When Mat and I resume our fantasy campaign we will roll dice to decide random factors and that is one of the possibilities.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts