Repairs And Conversions Of 1960s Plastic Figures

I have just been neatening up my boxes of plastic Western and other figures and decided to do something with these particular figures.

The top photo is of two Crescent Indians and also a WW1 British soldier in gas mask. (Someone might tell me the brand). They are nicely sculpted figures but with the frequent problem of broken weapons. It can be tricky but I need to drill out hands to provide new weapons. Often the hand gets destroyed in the process and also needs to be replaced. The WW1 soldier will be easier as the hands are thicker and close to the body.

         Th next two figures are Hong Kong copies of Lone Star. They are greatly reduced in size from the originals and even vary in size between them. One has barely any face. In fact so bad are the figures that I am making them into goblins. I drilled holes in the faces and added matchsticks that were cut down into pointed noses.
               

I also cut off feathers and added putty hoods so they will look like Night Goblins.

                                                      I also added some loot bags.

 I could have trimmed off the fringes on the leggings and also the loin cloth but why bother? I mean what does a goblin wear? I haven't seen an Osprey reference on it. However, I do borrow Games Workshop conventions and they are going to be dressed in black with light green skin. 

Also, in GW goblins are smaller than both orcs and humans but still suitably vicious.

Comments

Popular Posts