Barsoom Type Warriors

I like retro SF. There is something about the 'pixie' helmets and merging of ancient Earth Greeks and Romans with other planets that strikes a chord. Burroughs books - Tarzan, John Carter of Mars etc I always found jolly good reads. Of course there was something similar in all of them; John Carter is, to some extent, Tarzan on Mars. The apes and lions just happen to have extra limbs.

So it was that when I saw that the Fantasy Toy Soldier site had these for sale that I had to have them. Years ago I got the mutant versions from this series but I never had the more human looking ones. I had actually used their very nice shields with my Arab conversions. These human looking figures will do for manning skimmer type craft or airships on Barsoom.





Comments

Popular Posts