New Fantasy Ladies From Russia

 My American friend, Billy Hill, sent me these lovely made in Russia fantasy ladies. Are they Technolog? They were first made by the Russian company, Oritet, and later by another company which made them in rubbery plastic such as the ones I have. In the end I couldn't help myself and removed some of their ridiculously large weapons. I replaced the close combat weapons and scabbards with DSG ones. The funny thing is the hands now look too big for the new weapons!

The figures are made of a rubbery plastic, easy to cut but needing a good undercoat.
I undercoated with Modge Podge but the instructions says four weeks to cure so maybe I should wait four weeks to paint them!





                                                          I love that smiley monster shield!



                                                    This is the original state of the figures.


                                                       The severed orc head is a nice touch.


I intend to add these to my Dark Elf army but I am going to try out a very different color scheme.

Comments

  1. The ‘from Russia’ spoilt it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO many great toy soldiers have come out of Russia, notably the Technolog fantasy ones. I wish all Russian (and Ukrainian) makers all the best and it is sad the Russian makers are affected by sanctions triggered by actions of their government and beyond their control. I normally avoid political comment (other than the occasional snide comment against political correctness) here but as someone who has been to Ukraine, walked the beautiful streets of Kiev and married a Ukrainian I am as horrified as anyone by the invasion. Many Ukrainians with Russian relatives and language are also disgusted by Putin's actions as are many people in Russia who have not been blinded by the government's control of the media. There are arguments about NATO expansion etc but when we get down to the nitty gritty an invasion of a neighboring country which took no aggressive action against Russia has caused thousands of deaths and millions of refugees. However I don't agree with blanket sanctions on all things Russian. Select sanctions that influence the outcome of the war, yes. This has occurred with communication equipment which left Russian military communication vulnerable to Ukrainian eves dropping.
    I wish ordinary Russians and Ukrainians well and hope that this ghastly war will end soon. It is so much better to play with toy soldiers than the lives of real people..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was nearly 100% positive they were Tehnolog but apparently I was 100% wrong! There's a good bit of info here on them: https://fantasytoysoldiers.blogspot.com/2014/09/oritet-russian-fantasy-post-apocalyptic.html

    Also, I have never let my Mod Podge cure longer than 24 hours before sealing it with gloss varnish. I hope I'm not inadvertently causing an issue for my future self!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the information on the Amazons. As for Modge Podge I have been painting over it or sealing it a couple of days after. It has not been at all sticky so maybe that is okay. I just recently read the label which mentioned four weeks. I wonder if that is especially taking into account scrapbooking where a number of coats are made. In any case four weeks is a long time to wait.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts