Traditional Toy Soldier Cavalry Material

 I just received 21 home castings of Britains cavalry. I was a little disappointed that none were originals but for $20 plus $15 postage I can't complain. Nearly half also have a horse leg missing, something fixable but fiddly. The absence of heads does not worry me as I have quite a few spare ones. Drilling out the necks and adding heads is the easiest part. Some missing tails are also easily fixed with wire and putty.

I just need to decide what units I am going to make. There are some British units I'd like to do although I already have plenty of Horse Guards. French or Prussian are some of the other options, or what about Bolivians? Or I could do something completely fictitious. I might also mix and match with other figures I already have painted or I am working on.




Those are my Crussian/Russian forces in the cabinet underneath.

At the moment it is icy cold in my workshop area and it takes a long time to warm it up. Also m doc tells me I have a flu virus although it is well on the wane. Ths is the firs flu or cold I have had in eight years. The worst thing is current pains I have in my legs and right arm, the latter especially, are not conducive to hobby work. The leg pains sprang from a back issue but I figure that the flu has intensified and contributed to the muscle pains.

I put my next wargame on further hold until next Friday as the doc says the flu is highly contagious.

Comments

Popular Posts