Flying Armored Walker

 An anime type kit had been sitting on my shelf for many years. I started assembling it and then lost interest and also lost part of the right arm.  The kit is described as 100th scale which would make it as high as several building levels. I decided to make it a 1/32 scale fighting suit.

Not content with just having a moveable clear red canopy, I decided to add a human head. I looked through one of my spare heads boxes and found one which originally came from a mechanic. It had a nice medieval look to it and this is what I was keeping it for but now it is a futuristic head. The sections that fit around the base of the head were drilled out and cut so the head would fit.

Although the remnant parts are meant to swivel, some of them were glued permanently in a pose and, the feet in particular, glued to a wooden base (from a child's game). The missing arm piece was replaced with a part from a similar kit. A missing helmet mouth piece was replaced from a Warhammer 40K Dark Eldar piece.

  The last thing I did was to cut the left hand off and replace it with another Warhammer 40K piece, this time an ork power claw. The right hand clasps an ork heavy weapon. I think these parts really finish off the figure.
















I am happy with the model so far. I could have left out the head or placed a Warhammer scaled head there (about half the size) instead but I wanted this figure for my 1/32 world.

   The next question is what color to paint it. I am leaning towards Space Marine or Caledor Sky blue but I am open to suggestions. I am running through ideas in my head: bare metal, camo, bright colors, corrosion?

Comments

Popular Posts