French Napoleonic Grenadiers By Jim & Starlux Repaired & Repainted.

 These are hard plastic figures I picked up a while back and quite cheaply because they were rather battered.


The central figure is Starlux and the other two are by Jim. I know nothing about the Jim company.
The lefthand figure had a musket broken off so I drilled out the hand and added a length of wire. a bayonet would have looked good but I didn't want to go to that much trouble. The middle figure is obviously bayonetting someone but had lost the bayonet so I drilled out the hand and made the bayonet from carved down matchstick coated in Super Glue for strength.
The figures have card bases as, with most of my figures, they may see wargaming service. They have also been completely repainted. The original paint had been partially rubbed off and looked pale and miserable.
                             The lefthand figure had his have his left hand rebuilt with putty.




As usual, on seeing the pics I see spots that need adding to such as the coattails turnbacks as seen from the front.

Comments

Popular Posts