Skellie Conversions

I have quite a lot of skeleton warriors but haven't finished painting them. They are based and usable as is but they look best when fully painted. Originally I got my skeleton army from my collector and wargamer pal, Bob.

The other change to the figures is I have moved the position of the left arm and shield. I did this by heating the inside part with a candle and bending it in towards the ribcage. (Obviously, if done too long there won't be an arm left). However, what good is a shield held out away from the body? I also used Superglue for extra certainty about holding the position. One shield got a little buckled in the process. One skeleton is also now leaning back, which made me think a couple of pin arrows sticking out of his shield would have been a good touch.

These figures will complete my existing skeleton spear armed unit.


 By the way, I used my favorite blue from Games Workshop - Caledor Sky.

The figures were spray undercoated black, dry brushed bone, given a flesh wash and dry brushed again, sparingly, white.

Comments

Popular Posts