Britains Royal Archers Needing New Arms

 These are an unusual unit as they are a case of an archer unit persisting into modern times. I have two intact and six with bow arms missing. You can see, with the thick paint absent, that they are very nicely sculpted figures. I assume that the remnant red paint is not original. The reference I have is for dark green uniforms.


I have been looking for replacement arms, so far without success. My plan was to restore them to original appearance but on examining the sculptural detail I am tempted to paint them at a higher level than the originals. I might need to adapt generic arms. putty and wire to replace the missing arms.

Comments

  1. Uniform reference - These Royal Archers were seen at the lying in state in Scotland and ceremonials for Queen Elizabeth’s Funeral

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can make an arm mold with Blue Stuff from the original left arm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is new territory for me but there are a few things I would like to mold so I'll give it a go. I watched a couple of tutorials on it and it does not look hard. The two part putties used to place in the Blue Stuff molds might work out expensive if a lot of figures or parts are made. I have some old Timpo swoppets I'd like to make a few hundred copies of!) However this stuff would be ideal for making spare parts.

      Delete
  3. That is the first time I heard of 'Blue Stuff'.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts