King James The Second Of The House Of Otten, Beerstein

 In my research of Beerstein I obtained this portrait of King James. An artist's modern day, this universe, rendering shows what he would look like with a more contemporary look.

 The artist, Klara, is known for her reconstructions of historical individuals from the multiverse.

The clothing style of King James shown here is one of his less ostentatious and follows the increasingly bland styles of the business class. It is likely he wore this at a meeting with the nation's financiers when he wished to squeeze yet more money from them and the nation's coffers to pay for his most recent war against Fezia and Bogavania. King James is also known for wildly colorful styles including his complete suit of gold plaited armor.

Although known for his fighting and hunting skills King James is now 76 and, when hunting boar, suffered a fall from his horse which has weakened his health. He may still insist on leading his armies into battle.

King James is known as a brilliant strategist. He also greatly inspires his troops to perform seemingly impossible feats. 

Despite his troops love of him King James has a sadistic streak. This is generally directed at the enemy but he is also known to punish rebels with extreme cruelty. The captives from one rebellion were crucified for a day and then coated in oil before being set alight.

His son, Rupert Otten is in line for the succession. The king's other three children died from mystery diseases that were blamed on witchcraft. His wife, Luka, died giving birth to her last child. If anything should happen to Rupert the king's brothers, Ben The Loved and  Leon The Lion are next in line. Both of them are also highly inspiring to their troops.

KING JAMES DIARY

It has been said I am a sadistic monster. It is not true. I love my sons and my troops adore me. I am fair to my subjects, so long as they do not commit the grave sin of opposing their God given monarch. 

I am surrounded by evil. To our North are unspeakable demonic and Undead kingdoms. Others are disgusting pagans. To the West are wicked parodies of humanity, Dark Elves and the bestial orcs. I wish I could cleanse the Earth of the vile scum. To the South and East is the kingdom of Bogavania. In my former campaigns I much reduced the heretical kingdom. They even consult witht he Fezians, to the East, infidel worshippers of the Moon God.

We much be watchful and ruthless. Crucify and burn those who are enemies of the true monarch and God. It is the only kindness I know.

Once warfare was good honest hacking about with swords and clubs. My longbow men helped as well but increasingly we are reliant on the new fangled matchlocks and cannons. Oh well, I am getting to old for battle but I still practise with my sword.

I know a new war is brewing and I am preparing my forces. The gold statues and baggage wagons our good soldiers captured will prove useful.


Comments

Popular Posts